my best friend....
10 years ago I met Mr. Nathan Evans. He would tell you I tried to pick him up at a bar... You know better- I was home on Spring Break and my high school friend was turning 21 and a group of us were going out. I voluntered to be the DD. They all wanted to go to the Longbranch. I had no idea what this place was- I had been living in Greenville for 3 1/2 years and I was newly single and not at all interested in talking to guys but I went anyway. We got there and it was crowed- I was off in the corner waiting for my friends and I happened to notice a guy at the bar talking to the bartendar, for a split second I did think "he's cute", then the thought passed and I was pulled off to the dance floor. A while passed and I saw this fellow again- but this time he was looking at me-I went on about my business later I was in standing in line with my friends and I look over and there he was again standing right beside me- I thought this is weird- he asked if I wanted to dance, I told him he would have to dance with all my friends- first thought when I found out he was a teacher I was going to set him up with my friend the bday girl b/c she was a teacher- but she was in no shape to dance so that idea did not work. He said he was from Johnston County and I had no idea where that was then he started doing these silly dances "the lawn mower", "the sprinkler"- I thought "what in the world is he trying to do?" Luckily he was cute- we talked, he asked for my number and I wrote it on a napkin-(he still has) and that is how it all began!
The longer I am with him the more I love him. I did not think that was possible. His passion to accomplish his goals, his honesty, his loyalty, his intellegence, his silliness, his love for his children, his desire to be the best he can be, his kind heart, his humbleness, his work ethic, his realness (what you see is what you get), his friendship.....
are just a few reasons why I am in love with him.