letters...


I don't try to make resolutions any more. Too much pressure. So a few days ago I started to think about this year and what I want to accomplish. How I really want to make this year a better year for myself and others. Sometimes it is so hard not to get wrapped up in this busy world we live in- who's going where, who's got what etc. I have made a promise to myself to focus on what really matters. I started to think about people in my life that have passed away and if I ever took the time to really tell them how much they meant to me? Going places, having things, is all nice but in the end it does not make me feel like a better person. So I have started a list of everyone in my life that has made a difference in some way or other, even people that God has put in my life and I ask "do I really need this person in my life Lord, can you pick someone else?" God has put them in my life for a reason, I may not know why, but they are there. My list is starting to get long but that is ok, I am giving my self this year to take the time and write each person a letter. I want to let them know I am thankful for them and what they have done for me in my life. Or even if they have not done something specific maybe just them being a role model for me that helped me be a better person. I don't know what has inspired me to do this, maybe it is my mom turns 70 and my dad turns 80 this year- Nathan being in Africa and I miss him so much- or just wanting to make someone smile and feel good about themselves. This is not a goal or resolution, maybe the older I get I just see things clearer and I know time is short and in the end people just want to know they were loved!