Japan


I could not be more proud of Ava. At the beginning of the year I told Ava I wanted her to do a Book report and then present it. Yes, she is only in 2nd grade but I knew she could do it. I asked that it be non-fiction. She could have chosen anything she wanted. One day last September we were in the homeschool store and she picked out a book on Japan. She read the book and for 4 months she wrote about Japan, she learned how to write the word Japan in Japanese and she made their flag. Last week she finished it and she presented it to her class on fridays at C3. I was so proud of her. She worked so hard and finally it was done. Now she is learning how to say some things in Japanese. Nathan told her if she learned some Japanese and if she got an itinerary together of things she would like to see in Japan and he would take her.... so they will be going in a few months. What a wonderful learning experience!