Field Trip to the State Capital




Since I have been homeschooling I try to take the kids places that we are learning about or educational. We went to Raleigh and toured the Capital. Wow there were so many things I did not even know about. Then we went to the Legislative Bldg.. It was quite funny when the lady asked our homeschool group if anyone knew any fun facts on Gov. Purdue... And all the kids were silent,,,they knew who she was and they knew things about her but nothing they could say out loud b/c they are all republicans!!!!! So no one had any FUN facts on her! I have really wanted to teach the kids a lot about the government and politics b/c this year is an election. So Ava and Ethan know all about the political parties and they know the process of voting- They know about the Bill of Rights and are memorizing the Constitution.... I am so excited they have worked so hard this year!