Mom is not doing well. She was doing great until November the doctors told us that her tumor has come back and she would have a few months. Today I sat with her. I read to her some of her favorite hymns. I held her hands and I thought;
These hands are almost 82 years old.
They have made many homemade biscuits,
Turned many a page in her Bible,
Been folded in prayer for more people than I could ever count,
Quilted many quilts,
Planted many tobacco plants,
Pulled many a weed in the garden,
hugged many,
loved many,
rubbed many of her grandchildren's back,
sewed many clothes,
gave to others,
loved others,
cried for others,
helped others,
sacrificed for others.
These hands have done more than I will ever know.
Today all I could get was a squeeze from these hands but I am so thankful for
these hands and for this woman I call mom.
Proverbs 31:30
"Favor is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that fears the Lord she shall be
praised. Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates."