my parents...

September 2016. This has been a tough year. My dad fell twice. After the first time he was back home quickly after a few weeks at rehab.  The second fall seemed to be worse. He was moved to the assisted living to stay for a month or two with rehab. During that time mom seemed to get worse with her dementia staying at home alone. Dad wanted mom with him but mom did not want to leave home. We decided it was best for mom and the safest thing for her to move in with him. She fought it but after a while she went with the flow. Armenia took the year off and is with them everyday. Jill takes care of the medicine and doctor apts. etc. Rob takes care of the money and Joey and I do whatever else needs to be done. It has been over 6 months now and what was supposed to be temporary seems to be turing into permanent. We were able to all get together for Christmas at home and mom and dad were so happy. Dad is weak and his body is tired.   I wish they could be home but I know that is not the best scenario for them. Mom is really interacting with all the people at the home and she is adjusting well. I miss swinging on the swing with mom and listening to her stories. I have had a hard time trying to come to grips with the idea that my parents are getting old. This change has been difficult for me to accept but at the end of the day Dad and mom are together and they are happy. Daddy cries when he starts to talk about how much he loves mama. She's his number one girl he says.