Lisa Hardee told me about this book and I immediately got it! I know I am a good wife but I always strive to be better. So I get to the first page and WOW it jumps right into it. I have to write what I would hope my husband would say about me and what kind of wife I was at my funeral. Now that got me- So I wrote down all the things I would hope he would say and then the next page said, "Are you this person, is this how you live everyday or is this something you hope to be?" This gave me alot to think about. It is more than just being a good wife- It is about Honor, friendship, comfort, accepting, attitude, thankfulness and above all LOVE. Now I am doing a Thankful Journal. Once a week I write down everything my husband did/does that I am thankful for. And in times that I am aggravated with him, I pull out my Thankful Journal to remind me to give thanks and have gratitude -
"A wise women builds her home, but a foolish woman tears it down with her own hands."
Prov. 14:1
Something that sticks out that the book said: "Griping tears down and destroys my sweetness with my husband. Gratitude builds the sweetness in our relationship. Each secret choice you make to have an attitude of gratitude is like an extra piece of wood that strengthens and reinforces your marriage house. You build either with quality materials and high craftsmanship or with just enough to get by. And you daily live with what your secret choices build. Each time we say, "I will choose gratitude or I won't choose gratitude that determine our faithfulness, made first on the inside, known only to us and God. Later, the results are seen by all. Who watches, who observes what we build? Our children and single women."
Am I building a house of gratitude? So this book is teaching me that I have had it all wrong in the past, Yes, I can get away with being a good wife to Nathan- and when I die and he stands up in front of my friends and my family will I be ok with him saying: "Mary was a good wife?"
"He who offers a sacrifice of thanksgiving honors Me." Ps. 50:23