Less is More

No I am not talking about clothes! I am talking about stuff- all this stuff we have.
The week after Christmas I was going through all the toys and things the kids got for Christmas and I started thinking about all the stuff we have. First, let me start by saying I have never really been a "collector" of anything. The more stuff you have the more you have to dust! So our attic is not full at all. We have holiday decorations, luggage and baby clothes that is it.
I began to go through my cabinets, every cabinet in the house/closet too- and if I have not used it in a year, I don't need it. I did the same with the kids. They went through all their stuff and we started a goodwill pile. I wish I could have taken a picture of this pile. I have a 2 car garage and it was so much stuff I could not park my car in it. It took me several trips to goodwill. So my motto from now on is "Less is More."
Don't buy it unless we need it. And if you want it we need to wait a few months and if we still just have to have it then we get it. NOT talking about toys.... Kids are getting toys at b-day and Christmas only. It is a shame that they had that many toys they have not even played with.
Last week I found 3 toys still in boxes from Christmas..... NO MORE. This year Christmas is going to be A LOT different. Maybe if we can de-clutter our lives a little we can focus on the important things in life rather than all that stuff.......