TURNING 5.......



My heart broke Sunday morning as I woke up to my little girl singing.."I am five, oh yeah, I am five"... I can not hardly believe it. Time has gone by so fast. It was just yesterday when we brought her home for the very first time. Nathan and I took her to every room in the house and showed her all around. She was asleep of course but we were so excited! We started calling her our little bug, because I would wrap her up in a blanket so tight and all you could see was her chubby face and she looked just like a little sweet bug. The first word she said, the first steps she took, the first time she wrote her name..... I am so proud Ava is my daughter, one thing that happened a few weeks ago- Ava was at our neighbors house for a birthday party. The birthday girl got a little bossy and all the other girls got upset and left the birthday girl and went to another room to play. The birthday girl started to cry but one little girl stayed with her--- that little girl was my Ava. She did not follow the crowd and even though the bday girl was wrong in acting the way she did, Ava knew it would be wrong to leave her. When the mom told me this story I cried and I am crying now as I write this b/c I was so proud of her and I hope and pray she stays this way as she grows up. This story reminded me of a bible verse, do unto others as you would have done unto you- and she did.

Ava,
I want you to always be silly and dance your silly dances. Your kindness shows wherever you go, continue to be kind to everyone, you never know who's life you will touch. Sing, sing, sing... you are always singing- Your songs brighten my day...I am so proud of you. Your eagerness to learn, your love to do school work, your kind heart, your beautiful smile, your funny laugh.. You are growing up so fast, you can't wait to be a big girl and I can't wish enough that you stay small. I love you more than words.. you are my love, my smile, my little bug!